Sunday, October 21, 2012

My...

My love was a formula
waiting for pride 
to be removed
from the other end
waiting 
for an open heart
and a plethora
of words
that no longer needed
to be held back
Instead I listened 
to the sound of my fears
now deafening 
after years
of everything being given
waiting 
for the other side
of the equation
to appear
In a way
I HOPED it was waiting 
the universes way of creating
the ultimate climax
where no matter how taxing the hurt
it would all be worth it in the payback
So on this road I traveled
until a run became a shuffle
and my thirst 
became unbearable
wondering
if my heart 
would ever find another reason to beat
but just as I found myself kneeling
reeling from a thought 
of you never appearing
there you were
my everything in a moment
my future in a smile
my hopes and dreams
my other
my next
my last
my love


No comments:

Post a Comment